Impotence (erectile dysfunction) –sexual weakness in men. Most often presented functional impairment (not associated with damage to the genital apparatus).
Usually, such violations occur because of neuroses, stress.
At the same time, impotence can be caused by other factors: diseases of the endocrine glands (pituitary, male sex glands, adrenal, thyroid and pancreas), brain and spinal cord diseases, inflammatory diseases of the genitourinary system (urethritis, cystitis, prostatitis), aging.
Among men, a very popular misconception is that impotence occurs only with age. This is not true – the age really has nothing to do with violations of potency. The probability of occurrence of various diseases increases with age, but the diseases are true “culprits”. Alcohol abuse, smoking, sedentary lifestyle, also adversely affect the erection and can lead to impotence.
The most popular methods of treatment:
• inhibitors of PDE5: Viagra, Cialis, Levitra;
• making positive changes in lifestyle (e.g. quit smoking and exercise more);
• injection into the urethra;
• injection into the corpus cavernosum of the penis;
• prostheses for the penis;